Agents of Mayhem is an open world game from Volition, the studio that brought gamers the Saints Row franchise. Players take control of a unique and diverse cast of Super Agents from all over the world and lead them in MAYHEM’s epic fight to save the city of Seoul from the destructive schemes of the evil supervillain organization LEGION.
While Agents of Mayhem is part of a larger Saints Row Universe, this is a brand new IP with a focus on a new cast of characters, new gameplay, and a new open world.
Agents of Mayhem is a third-person shooter in which players can freely switch between three selected Super Agents in your squad. Each Agent has their own unique play-style, special abilities, and traversal options. From close range bruisers to long range specialists and everything in-between, it is up to you to customize your squad with the Agents you want! Gadgets also allow you to further customize the gameplay of each Agent, which can affect your squad’s dynamics as a direct result.
In the wake of a global assault, the world has fallen under the rule of L.E.G.I.O.N., a supervillainous cabal of criminal masterminds and costumed megalomaniacs.
The only ones who are capable of turning the tide are the Agents of MAYHEM. Led by Persephone Brimstone, these uniquely skilled agents are going to take down this New World Disorder by any means necessary.
- Take the fight to LEGION in Seoul: The City of Tomorrow, an open world brimming with world-shaking missions, city-spanning doomsday devices, and evil underground lairs!
- Take your team of three Agents into the field and swap between them on the fly for maximum mayhem!
- Upgrade and customize your Agents to create your personal dream team of gadget-wielding anti-heroes!
- Upgrade the ARK–MAYHEM HQ–to unlock even more mayhem-making means!
- There will be a selection of souped-up Agency vehicles to choose from, or players can simply snag any of the NPC vehicles in the open world if they prefer. The city of Seoul is their playground to drive around - on the streets, sidewalks, in the fountains, or wherever else players want to explore.
- Even though Agents of Mayhem is set in the same universe as Saints Row, it is not the same game and is not directly related in any other way. At best, Agents of Mayhem could be considered an alternate "what if" scenario derived from one of the endings of Gat Outta Hell. It is not Saints Row 5.
- Agents of Mayhem will not feature co-op at this stage, though there is a possibility of it being included at some point in the future. For now, it is strictly a single-player game in which players swap between agents as they play.